Wednesday, February 15

Fashion Week Reviews

So since this is New York Fashion Week, I was looking back at some Fashion Week photos from September the last couple of years. I realized that I still actually like some of them. I viewed them as very fashion-forward because they are still trendy too! A couple of my favorites were from the Fashion Weeks in Paris (still working on getting there), Milan, and London.

Burberry Prorsum Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Burberry Prorsum Spring 2012
This collection, designed by Christopher Bailey, featured upbeat colors, with a dash of a homemade or traditional feel using the beading, knitted materials, knee-length pleated skirts, etc. However, I felt that although this was one of my favorites, the concept was a bit overdone. I don't know, just the whole "oh, I based my collection off of the inspiration of a 1960's women's life," You know what I mean?

Proenza Schouler Resort 2011
Proenza Schouler Resort 2011
Just when I begin to say that I can't see the necklace, I realize how great this outfit is! I especia- POW! That green satchel-style handbag had the same effect on me. A sudden focal punch of color from a whole different color scheme. My exact words- "Ooo, look at those cute vertical stripes! I really like that blazer. The two patterns work well togeth- oh did you SEE that lime green bag?" A little busy and unusual for it to be in a ready-to-wear category, but most fashionistas would like the uniqueness of it. Good job Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough. From this photo I'm sure the line was a hit in the city.
Givenchy Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Givenchy Spring 2012
As for this last outfit, I love the overall modern feel of it. The collared sleeveless button-down shirt, the fitted pants, and the 2-strap matching shoes make the perfect foundation for the loose blazer-looking vest. I love it! I don't even think it would need accessories. Still, I wouldn't dare to leave out at least a pair of embellished studs, but the option is always good to have I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment